Monday, July 12, 2010

Today was a good day

I got an award from Piedmont Writer for having less than 50 followers. (Just kidding!) Thank you! It's a beautiful award. It's actually for being new. (But if it were for having less than 50 followers, I think I'll qualify for a long time.)






I also won a random drawing for a five page critique from Jodi Meadows She's got a book deal! She wrote a book, found an agent and got a book deal in about nine months. That's got to be some sort of speed record, right?

3 comments:

  1. i always find that followers start off a little slow, and then they balloon quickly and then they slow down again.
    or at least, that's my experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - I'm a new follower, over from Piedmont :)

    Congratulations on your award, and on winning that critique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Falen: it seems to be working :)

    @WritingNut: Welcome! You have excellent taste in blog backgrounds :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment! I know that sounds a little needy, and maybe it is. I mean, I don't need comment validation to know that I exist, right? But I like to know that someone else (maybe you?) has read what I wrote and felt moved enough to reply. So, thank you.