Monday, July 5, 2010

Conferences?

I look at some of the posts about conferences, and they sound fun and interesting. (They're probably more fun for people that aren't introverts, which would leave me out, but they still sound fun.)

I'm trying to decide if I should go to one or not. I probably can't afford it this year, but there's one called Southern California Writers Conference that sounds interesting.

So, have you been to a conference? Would you like to go? If money were no object, what conference would you go to?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been to a conference yet, but I've seen and heard a lot of advice that we should. It's a chance to network with industry professionals, so even if you don't have something complete, you can at least make the connections and have a better chance of getting your work considered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. go go go! I was pretty introverted at the one i went to (only talked to two other people that i didn't come with) and i STILL had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment! I know that sounds a little needy, and maybe it is. I mean, I don't need comment validation to know that I exist, right? But I like to know that someone else (maybe you?) has read what I wrote and felt moved enough to reply. So, thank you.