Wednesday, July 28, 2010

OMG I Pass the Bechdel Test!

Here's the Bechdel Test. The work (book, film, play) has:
1. Two or more female characters
2. That speak to each other
3. About something other than a man

(I've heard of this test before, but Scalzi's blog Whatever just reminded me to apply it to my work.)

I panicked for a minute before I remembered that my villain and my hero are both female and talk to each other about all sorts of things (mostly how terrible humans are or aren't).

Whew! I pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment! I know that sounds a little needy, and maybe it is. I mean, I don't need comment validation to know that I exist, right? But I like to know that someone else (maybe you?) has read what I wrote and felt moved enough to reply. So, thank you.