Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Optimise Your Opener

Editor Devil has a deal right now. Post the first two paragraphs of your first chapter, and she'll give you her feedback.

I love the advice on her website. After my revision is done, I've given a lot of thought to hiring a freelance editor to go over my book before I submit to an agent. I haven't decided yet (it will really depend on cost), but if I can afford it, I'd like her to be the one. I really loved her post about question marks, "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment! I know that sounds a little needy, and maybe it is. I mean, I don't need comment validation to know that I exist, right? But I like to know that someone else (maybe you?) has read what I wrote and felt moved enough to reply. So, thank you.