Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Schedule -update

For my Friday To Do list, I got Michael out the door and on the way to work easily enough. (He has to get up at 5 and be out the door by 5:30. He and my husband take the train in to work together.)

I did not color my hair.

I did see my doctor.

My husband and I went to SouPlantation for dinner. We watched "Losers" on pay per view, while my husband pointed out the errors they'd made by splitting from the source material. (We all do this in my family. You should have heard my son while we were watching Percy Jackson.)

Eventually I headed off to bed, only to discover my book sitting by the bed. Just sitting there. As though I were going to be doing something... what was it? Oh yeah! Ten pages sorted out. At this point, it's after 10 and I figured I'd just cop to the fact I couldn't do the ten pages. Then I thought, "what the heck, at least try".

I figured that chapters one, two and three were fine (as far as having the correct scenes in them). I couldn't find chapter four, but I figured that was fine too. Chapter five though has a problem. She's supposed to meet the Hunters in chapter five. I found the scene that I'd written about the Hunters somewhere past chapter seven and moved it to chapter five. Exactly ten pages! Go me!

So, I'll try to do my hair tomorrow. And another ten pages. I  have to admit, getting those ten pages done has lifted a weight off me. I've been afraid that I couldn't do this. I know I have lots more to do, but it's a start. Maybe it's like eating an elephant. One bite at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment! I know that sounds a little needy, and maybe it is. I mean, I don't need comment validation to know that I exist, right? But I like to know that someone else (maybe you?) has read what I wrote and felt moved enough to reply. So, thank you.