Thursday, August 26, 2010

Writers Market sale

Right now (ending August 31) WritersMarket.com is having a special. You can subscribe monthly for 5.99, one year for 29.99 (normally 39.99), and for two years for 44.99 (normally 54.99). (via Guide To Literary Agents) The one-year code is 1YRAUG10 and the two-year code is 2YRAUG10.

I'm leary of spending money for a book I haven't finished yet, but at the same time, I really do think that *this* time, I'm going to do it. I'm thinking about just going for the two years.

Anyway, if you hadn't heard about the special, and it's something you're interested in, here you go! (Feel free to let me know if you subscribe, or if you think I should or shouldn't!)

3 comments:

  1. I actually have a Writer's Market subscription right now. I think it all depends on where you're at with your writing on whether or not it will be helpful to you (and worth your money).

    This past year, I haven't used it much because I am nowhere near ready to look for an agent. But, I'll probably re-subscribe now because I'm starting to push towards the freelance and short story markets, and WM is great for that, too.

    Also, I think if you're close to finishing your novel and are gearing up to start querying, it might be good to have so that you can start researching agents now. That way, when you're ready, you have some of the research out of the way. They also have great articles about querying that are really useful.

    Just my thoughts. Hopefully you find them helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a subscription too. Remember that in any business, you have to put up some money to make money. You should look at it as investing in your future career. Also, sometimes when you spend money on something, it motivates you to see it through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh good to know. But i don't have any spare money to spend right now, so it looks like i'll be missing out on this

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment! I know that sounds a little needy, and maybe it is. I mean, I don't need comment validation to know that I exist, right? But I like to know that someone else (maybe you?) has read what I wrote and felt moved enough to reply. So, thank you.