Wednesday, August 4, 2010

In Which I Meet A Character From My Book

A while back, we went to the movies. This theater is one I'm using in my story and at the end of the book my Troll Wife will actually move in there.

The guy taking tickets looked exactly the way I've described trolls look, when they're appearing among humans. He was perfect! I was so struck, I glanced at his name tag and noticed his name was the same as one of my minor characters in my story!

I wanted to point him out to my family and shout "Look! There he is! One of the characters from my book!". I almost felt like that playwright from "The Twilight Zone" (remember that one?). I was hugely excited, but managed to constrain myself enough not to point and shout about the nature of reality, or whether or not he was a troll. He'll never know, but if he did, I'm sure he'd thank me.

But it was incredibly cool to meet one of my characters :)

2 comments:

  1. that is weird and would freak me the heck out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuff in my stories happens in real life all the time. It's one of the ways I bend reality :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment! I know that sounds a little needy, and maybe it is. I mean, I don't need comment validation to know that I exist, right? But I like to know that someone else (maybe you?) has read what I wrote and felt moved enough to reply. So, thank you.