Friday, July 29, 2011

In Which I Ramble About Google+

retty sure I started this post with a P, just because the raven holding the P is my favorite. I don't know why, don't ask me. Ok, If I had to guess, I would say it's because I like the curve of the P in this font.

Now I've forgotten what I was going to post about. Distracted by the shiny "P". Oh, yeah, it's in the title of this post. (Thank goodness for keywords. I use them all the time with my ADHD son.)

Google+ is probably going to be my main social site. Once I used Twitter I liked that, but Tweetdeck hasn't been working for me for days now, and Twitter is too hard for me to deal with if I can't use Tweetdeck. Is it perfect? No. Is it bug free? Again, no. It's in beta, and it shows. They're making mistakes, fixing them, making more mistakes, trying new things, and listening to what people are asking for. Which is exactly why I like it.

One thing I'd really love is if I could post to Blogger and Google+ at the same time. There are some kludgy work arounds (I just deleted one), but nothing that works the way I want it to yet. I imagine it will be coming Real Soon Now, because integration is one thing that Google is really good at. (That sounds scary, doesn't it? Well, I for one, welcome our alien overlords!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment! I know that sounds a little needy, and maybe it is. I mean, I don't need comment validation to know that I exist, right? But I like to know that someone else (maybe you?) has read what I wrote and felt moved enough to reply. So, thank you.