Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My son

My son, and the subject of my parenting book "Michael is a Verb", has an interview for his first job on Tuesday. It's an unpaid internship at a microscopy lab on Tuesday. Please think good thoughts for him to get this. He's excited about it, as only a 16 year old with ADHD can be.

He's wanted to be a physicist since he was five years old, and thinks this will look better on his resume than "worked at McDonald's". (Though he assures me that he can discuss the physics of burger flipping, if he needs to explain how that job related to physics.)

Next year, he wants to intern at JPL.

When I was 16, I was working in a department store, learning how much your feet can hurt when you wear heels all day. Which is probably why I now pick my jobs based on dress code (or lack thereof).

4 comments:

  1. much cooler aspirations than most :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful young man. I don't even know how to spell physicist never mind what they do. All good thoughts are going his way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he did well. My brother is a physicist, and will tell anyone willing to listen (a select few, admittedly) it's the best and most important job in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ι ѕіmply coulԁ not go away your wеbsite ρrior tο ѕuggeѕting that
    I rеаlly lоved the standarԁ іnfo аn іndiνiduаl
    proνiԁe to your νisitoгs?
    Is gonnа be agaіn cеaselesslу in оrder to inνestigаte cross-сheck
    nеω ρosts

    Also νiѕit my websіtе: Meg
    Also see my site :: Megasuert.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment! I know that sounds a little needy, and maybe it is. I mean, I don't need comment validation to know that I exist, right? But I like to know that someone else (maybe you?) has read what I wrote and felt moved enough to reply. So, thank you.