Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In Which I am Sick. Again.

Lately my blog posts have been following a pattern. A pattern of illness. Now some people might think that I get sick a lot. And they'd  be right. This week is no exception. I am sick again. Unlike the killer colds of the last few weeks, this is the flu. I get a flu shot every year, but they're not 100%. (Or as my doctor said, "It's kind of like birth control".) So now I have a new baby. I mean the flu.

Seriously, who changed from calling it "influenza" (which totally sounds like something that kills between 30,000 to 60,000 people in the US every year) to "the flu". The flu sounds cute. Friendly. Like something your kid might bring home from school. (Ok, well that last one works.)

Anyway, after two days of fever over 100, I finally went to the doctor. She ordered me off work for the week. This is day four and I still have a fever of over 100. But at least I'm getting plenty of rest! And I must be getting better, because I'm well enough to post and say, "The flu sucks. And if your kid says, 'Mommy, look what I brought home!'"* check to see if it's the flu before before letting it in the house. I mean, sure, they look all cute and have those big eyes and your kid will be saying, "But it has no place to go!". Be strong. Don't let it in the house.

Possibly my fever has affected my writing.

*This implies that my son gave me the flu. This is not the case. As with my last illness, Randy came down with it first. I forgive him, because he's lovable and does nice things for me when I'm sick. He does nice things for me when I'm well, too, but I'm more grateful when I'm sick :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment! I know that sounds a little needy, and maybe it is. I mean, I don't need comment validation to know that I exist, right? But I like to know that someone else (maybe you?) has read what I wrote and felt moved enough to reply. So, thank you.