Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Play lists

I've always wanted to be a writer that had a playlist to go with my books. I want it more than ever, after reading BuildingMyLife's playlist posts for her WiP "Lighthouse". 1, 2, 3 and 4.

The fact is that while a song might inspire a story, or while I might think a song has a similar theme to one of my stories, I don't have play lists. I can't write and listen to music at the same time. I've tried, but I'm just one of those people that tunes out the sounds around me when I write.

However, I've been thinking of trying to find ways to create playlists for my stories anyway. A kind of "If I could listen to playlists, these songs would have been on it for this book". Or if I ever make a book trailer, I could use those songs as the music for trailer. (Oops, then there's the whole thing about getting rights to use those songs.)

3 comments:

  1. do it! i'd be excited to hear what you pick for Troll Wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I can only think of one. A child singing (acapella) "Bye Baby Bunting".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be very interested to see what you come up with! For some reason my playlists don't always work. Some I have 20 songs for, others I write in silence... Hmmm, I need to have a better system!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment! I know that sounds a little needy, and maybe it is. I mean, I don't need comment validation to know that I exist, right? But I like to know that someone else (maybe you?) has read what I wrote and felt moved enough to reply. So, thank you.