Thursday, September 23, 2010

Eight Questions

Melissa Getting Published tagged me to answer eight questions about myself.

   1. If you could have any superpower, what would you have? Why?
According to my family, I already have a couple of superpowers (including locating "lost" objects and mind reading). But my real superpower is the ability to spread calm. I can talk people down from high emotional states, which was a huge plus when I was doing phone tech support. (Because nothing makes you crazy like your computer not working at 3 am.)

   2. Who is your style icon?
In my head I have this imaginary Suzi that has a great fashion sense. (A little bit of steampunk, a little bit of gypsy, mixed with a little bit of Ralph Lauren country/western.) Unfortunately, that Suzi doesn't exist in the real world. If she did, she would totally be my style icon.

   3. What is your favorite quote?
It changes. Right now I like Mark Twain's "Clothing makes the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

   4. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
When my son got so caught up in reading my WiP that he forgot he was a human, and thought he was faeish.

   5. What playlist/cd is in your CD player/iPod right now?
Seanan McGuire, with emphasis on "Dorothy", "Earthquake Weather", "That's What A Woman's For" and "Dear Gina".

   6. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
I'm a night owl, but I've been forced by circumstance to become a morning person.

   7. Do you prefer dogs or cats?
I love them both. I used to be a professional dog trainer. However, I haven't lived in a dog friendly place for years, so we have (three) cats and no dogs.

   8. What is the meaning behind your blog name.
Google vanity. When I did a search on my name, the first 42 links were for someone named Suzi McGowan not Suzi McGowen. It's bad when your name doesn't even come up when you google yourself. I figured I might as well change my blog name now, while I was still new, and try to get my own name in the top ten search results for, you know, my name. (Just in case an agent ever googles me.)

Now would be my turn to tag other people. However, I broke many of the links to my blog when I changed that name, so I'm not getting many readers anymore. (Gotta love blogger stats.) So, if you are one of the people that are still able to read me, please feel free to answer these questions. They're fun and they don't bite.

2 comments:

  1. I think spreading calm is indeed your superpower. Even when I'm not stressed out, you do have a very calming, warm presence. It's just nice to be around!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment! I know that sounds a little needy, and maybe it is. I mean, I don't need comment validation to know that I exist, right? But I like to know that someone else (maybe you?) has read what I wrote and felt moved enough to reply. So, thank you.