Saturday, December 11, 2010

I Washed My Hair Today

I washed my hair today. Normally that would not be a blog worthy statement. In order to understand why it's blog worthy, I have get into the way back machine and go back to the early 1980's. I was in high school, I permed my hair, and a few months after it had faded away/grown out, my dad said it was the worst mistake I'd made in my life. (He then clarified, saying that it wasn't the worst and if it were the worst mistake I made in my life, I'd be doing ok.)

However, none of the kids in high school teased me about my hair (and they would have, trust me). Plus, my dad was a cop, not a member of the fashion police. And that was a long time ago. Things have changed. I know more about hair now than I did then. I'll be 47 in a few days, so I figured, "What do dads know, anyway?" and got my hair permed yesterday.

It turns out dads know quite a lot. Still probably not the worst mistake I've ever made in my life, but certainly not the best choice I've made either. You've undoubtedly seen pictures of Little Orphan Annie (the comic strip, not the actresses). I only wish I looked that good. So, taking a lesson from Legally Blond (where I get much of my fashion and beauty advice) I decided to wash my hair before the allotted 48 hours.

I'm beginning to think that Legally Blond may not have been an entirely accurate movie. Because the perm is still in here, in all it's Bride of Frankenstein glory. I'm now about to research "bad perm fixes" on Google. If anything works, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooohhh man!?! I would have tried that too (my fav line is 'exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands'). I actually would love a perm but am NEVER allowed one as I have to dye my hair every six weeks and apparently it won't survive a perm *sigh* hot rollers it is then!

    The Arrival, Book one of the BirthRight Trilogy, on Amazon 1.1.2011
    www.damselinadirtydress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment! I know that sounds a little needy, and maybe it is. I mean, I don't need comment validation to know that I exist, right? But I like to know that someone else (maybe you?) has read what I wrote and felt moved enough to reply. So, thank you.